Requirements Engineering Tool
Requirements Engineering Tool (ReqTool) offers powerful mechanism to perform Requirements Engineering activities for entire SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle). ReqTool enables you to capture, store, manage and share requirements as a unified part of the Requirement Development process. ReqTool allows users to perform two major activities in Requirements Engineering (RE) Requirements Development (RD) and Requirements Management (RM) along with other activities that happen during entire SDLC.
Requirements are like the foundation blocks of any software application and they play a significant role in the Software Development Process (SDP). To build a software product correctly, it is critical to make sure that requirements are developed, managed and shared effectively with major stakeholders in the organization. Sometimes, these tasks (Creating, Managing and Sharing requirements) become monumental without a right requirements engineering tool. To solve that problem, Software Goldsmith Inc. has introduced a new tool called Requirements Engineering Tool (ReqTool).
Requirements Engineering Tool (ReqTool) is a uniquely designed web based system. It offers powerful mechanism to perform Requirements Engineering activities for entire SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle). ReqTool enables you to plan, capture, store, manage, share and secure your requirements seamlessly as a unified part of the Software Development Process (SDP).
ReqTool allows users to perform two major activities in Requirements Engineering (RE) namely: Requirements Development (RD) and Requirements Management (RM) along with other activities that happen during entire SDLC.
It is an easy to use requirements development tool that allows Systems Engineers or Business Analysts to author and save requirements in a secure database using GUI and later, share those requirements with others using familiar web-based document generation tool.
- Requirements Development
- Developing Requirements Engineering Planningto document the Roadmap of entire Requirements Engineering activities for the project.
- Eliciting Customer’s Needs is done easily via GUI.
- Creating New Requirements made easy via GUI along with rich texts editor that allows users to include graphics, tables, Visio Diagrams and attachments for supportive documents.
- Updating/Deleting existing requirements can be done easily via GUI by making sure that appropriate relationships/links are maintained after required validations and checks are made.
- Requirements Management
- Baselined requirements are managed by ensuring the proper validation, security check and approval of all updates to the requirements.
- All requirements are managed in granular level by treating them individually and storing them in the database so that it is easy to make changes.
- Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) is generated automatically after requirements are created and all artifacts are linked.
- Reports/Document Generation is done based on users’ request in Word or Excel formats using pre-determined process templates.
- Bulk Upload is allowed via Excel Spreadsheet and RTM is created automatically right after bulk upload is completed.
- Centralized Requirements Repository/Database is provided for version control and storing baselined documents as well as in-flight versions to share with clients and major stakeholders for review.
- Requirements Security/Integrity is maintained by conducting in-depth validation and verification of critical parameters for entire SDLC. Moreover, requirements are secured from different types of users (e.g., Authors, Clients and other Stakeholders) with different types of access permissions (Read & Write, Read Only, Partial Read and Partial Write).
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES : ASSESSMENT
- Talking to the end customers & Generating a set of Requirements
- Prototyping the product for customers’ review
- Defining System Architecture
- Creating Design Document
- Developing Code/Programming
- Developing Test cases/Test plans
- Developing Customer
- Documentation/Training Material
- Developing Customer Acceptance Plan (CATP)
- Testing the Product Customer
- Documentation and CATP
- Executing the CATP in Customer’s site during deployment and
- Providing on-going Customer Support.
- Recording all customers’ troubles
- Making appropriate changes in the existing code & updating the requirements as well as the existing design documents to reflect changes
- Collecting quality Metrics for entire SDLC and
- Generating regular status reports for customers.